Wednesday 15 July 2015

Accessorise your living space for an event, minimalist style

Hello!

In today's video I show you how I transform the look my simple, "minimalist" living space using only a few items as accessories. I was preparing to host a themed social event at my house and wanted to change the look of my flat (or apartment) to match.



The event was a meeting of a Black and White film group I created last year. We meet every couple of months or so to eat, drink and watch a different black and white film. This time the film was the classic British wartime drama Brief Encounter. At the end of every meeting we all drop suggestions for films into a hat and the first to be picked out will be the next film we watch.

Entertaining in your own home can be great fun and it doesn't have to be expensive or labour intensive. I didn't have a lot of time to prepare food this time so I just got a large wedge of really good quality cheese, some delicious honeycomb and savoury oatcakes (very traditional food where I live). To drink I provided wine and malt whisky, and I asked my guests to bring something either to eat or to drink. Nobody minded contributing to the potluck and I think it was more fun for everybody that way!

Do you have any tricks for doing up your house for entertaining? What do you add to create a little extra atmosphere?

Thanks for watching!


No comments:

Post a Comment